Glenn J. Marie, DDS, earned a BS in biology and chemistry from Wagner College in Staten Island, New York. After completing his DDS at the New York College of Dentistry, Dr. Glenn J. Marie returned to Staten Island to open his private practice, Dentistry for Children. He is a member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD).
Founded in 1947, the AAPD is the trusted authority on pediatric oral health. In 2016, the AAPD’s Evidence-Based Dentistry Committee (EBDC) created the Evidence-Based Dentistry Service Award to honor dentists who contributed nationally or internationally to the pediatric dental profession through empirical practice in a clinical setting, academic research, or policy improvement.
Any individuals or teams who apply or receive nominations for the award must adhere to the following conditions:
1. Exhibited work or published valuable material showing dedication to evidence-based dentistry (EBD)
2. A peer or patient must send a letter of recommendation
3. Document at least one peer-reviewed paper on EBD
4. Provide a CV identifying the applicant’s commitment to EBD
5. Be a member in good standing of the AAPD30